Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Arm of the Starfish by Madeleine L'Engle
















My Ratings: 

Vocabulary:  *****
Ingredients: *****
Satisfaction: *****
Lexil Level: 860L
Genre: Realistic Fiction, Mystery
My Opinions: L'Engle is able to use beautiful imagery and words to create a suspenseful story. I give her credit for the suspense and plot which are both equally amazing, however she includes too many details and descriptions in between each topic of the story. I dislike when talented authors waste sentences with too many adjectives. It takes away the essence of the sentence. Sometimes, I ended up rereading the sentence to figure out the message it was trying to get across. Of course, I am not discouraging detail, but in this style of story, L'Engle just uses too much. Comment what you think about the book below!

Copyright (C) 2013 Bookaroma

No comments:

Post a Comment