Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

AGameOfThrones.jpg

My Ratings:
Vocabulary:  *****
Ingredients: *****
Satisfaction: *****
Lexile Level: N/A but I would say about 1100HL (recommend for ages 16 and above)
Genre:  Fantasy, Mystery
My Opinions: So yes. The Game of Thrones craze has begun. However, with the books for now and not the TV show yet. I always stick to reading the book before watching its movie or show. Finished the first book a couple days ago and it was great to get back to some fantasy after a while. 

There are so many details and plot twists in the book that it would take forever to tell you about everything. The book is divided into three different view points: from the Seven Kingdoms, the Wall, and the East. So here is my attempt in trying to give you a nice intro to what you will expect in the book and hopefully, none of the juicy details and suspenseful events will slip out of my fingers while I type this. Okay...so here it goes...

After the rebellion against the Targaryens, Robert Baratheon becomes the king. With the recent and mysterious death of Jon Arryn, Hand of the King and Ned Stark's brother-in-law, the King offers the job to Stark. After some hesitation, Stark accepts and takes his daughters with him to King's Landing while the rest of the family stays at Winterfell. During this separation, Bran is pushed off a roof, Catelynn tries to get revenge over her son's unfortunate experience, Robb becomes lord of Winterfell, Sansa must betray her family, Arya is lost within the city walls, Jon is sent to the Wall, and...okay, I am not going to say anything else. Murder, romance, need for power, and war fills the pages of this novel as the Seven Kingdoms struggles to find the best fit for the Iron Throne.

I know after reading the book, you will probably say "Wow, Anitra missed a lot of details from the book!" But I don't want to ruin it for you all! There are so many details, characters, twists, and perspectives intertwined within the plot which I wish I could blurt out in my review. But why ruin the fun for you all, right? 

As hyped as you may be for the next episode of Game of Thrones, show the same level of enthusiasm as you dive into the novel. I promise you will not feel sorry at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment